Our Friends in Brixham
We are lucky to be based in an amazing part of the UK with so much to see, do and eat. We can highly recommend all of these local businesses:
Restaurants & Cafés
- The Curious Kitchen – fantastic food & coffee in an intimate, friendly café in Brixham
- Port Espresso – perhaps Brixham’s best latte art?
- The West Country Deli – great coffee, light meals and a range of amazing delicatessen delights on Brixham’s Fore Street
- Beamers – fabulous fish restaurant on Brixham’s quayside
- The Lytehouse – quality food and perfectly paired wines; #1 on Tripadvisor for a reason!
- The Pepper Shack – Carribean flavours and cocktails!
- Landscove – our local holiday park, with cabins and caravans to rent or buy. Very convenient for walking to the Guardhouse for breakfast!
- Harbour Lights – luxury holiday apartments by Brixham Breakwater
- Sea Tang – friendly bed and breakfast by Brixham Breakwater
- Driftwood – award-winning luxury B&B with views over Brixham town
- Brixham Holiday Homes – Charming holiday apartments & cottages with sea views
- Berry Head Hotel – in a fabulous location below Berry Head
For those staying further afield there is a wide range of accommodation to suit all budgets and desires. Here are a few of our friends:
- Parkdean Holidays (Torquay) – mobile home and camping experts all over the country. They are kind enough to feature us in their list of the ‘best places to eat in Devon‘.
- Coast and Country – Over 400 holiday cottages throughout South Devon, including dog-friendly holidays, romantic retreats and family getaways
- Higher Wiscombe – Award-winning, dog-friendly self-catering barns in East Devon.
During your stay
A lot more information can be found on the Visit Brixham website
- Ula – gifts and quirky items, and also the home of Brixham’s Tourist Information on the quayside
- Fairalls – top quality and top value grocer on Brixham’s Fore Street
- Stefan’s Quality Fish – the notorious and wonderful Brixham fishmonger!
- The Golden Hind – step back in time aboard a replica of Francis Drake’s famous ship, with pirates on deck and a fascinating museum inside. Be amazed by just how cramped the living conditions were on board a Tudor galleon!
- After visiting us, why not visit some of the other best locations for a Cream Tea in Devon? This page by Devon Heaven Hampers is a good list to start you off!
- And you should also visit Stoke Gabriel for a spot of crabbing, or a drink in the sun – don’t miss the River Shack when you’re there, it’s in a stunning location!
- Chris Slack – prints and cards also on sale within the cafe
Berry Head’s friends
The beauty of Berry Head owes a great deal to two organisations who devote hours of their time to looking after and improving the nature reserve. Please help us to support them.
- Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust
- Friends of Berry Head