Our new normal, part 2
Following the July 4th “Independence Day” relaxations of the rules, we’re really excited to be taking some more steps towards being a normal cafe again. However we are taking the threat of Covid-19 seriously and have not quite got back to usual service yet, with no indoor seating available so far.
Perhaps we’re being overly cautious; but we’d prefer to open up more slowly, rather than find one of our team in intensive care with Covid-19.
Consequently we are currently operating as a takeaway service with outdoor seating.
- The queue comes inside the cafe for ordering. Please enter at the front door, and exit at the side door after ordering.
- We have clear markings to keep people in the queue 2m apart, and hand sanitiser available on your entry to the cafe.
- Payment should be by card, or by exact change, so we don’t need to handle coins and give out change.
- We’ve installed a large perspex screen to avoid you and our team breathing on each other while ordering.
- All food will be served in takeaway format, to the delivery table outside the kitchen. This is the same process as during May and June if you visited us then.
- Our outside tables are well spaced out, and there is lots of seating available around Berry Head too.
- We are taking every precaution we can think of to keep you and our team as safe as possible during your entire visit.
You can see Alex here explaining how these changes look:
At the same time we have made changes to the layout inside the cafe, partly utilising space normally occupied by tables and chairs. By doing so we can have more staff working safely and therefore reduce the wait for your food and drinks.
For further information please check our dedicated covid-19 page.